I personally LOVE christmas time…seriously. I don’t care about the gifts although I must say is exciting of course! But I think we can all agree on how christmas time are usually happy times for most of us. The thing is, from my perspective, how people become generous, kind, easy-going, happy and relaxed. Hypocrite or not, is just a nice season in the end to me. Simple but true, don’t you agree? Last year I was able to spend these magical days in Prague, Czech Republic.
I was feeling quite thirsty for a real passionate christmas ambience. So we thought of Prague…and off we went! No regrets at all. It was everything and more of what we expected. It was a warm, intense and sweet holiday, even more after several glasses of hot wine on the street! Love it. You too? Get christmasy already with a simple nice recipe here.
After almost one year, this time is coming again soon. Any plans yet? We will probably stay around the unique catalan christmas traditions in Barcelona (a very particular one by the way! Shall tell you a bit more of it on the next post).
But for now, I feel the commitment to show you a bit about Prague during christmas. Just an eye-candy for you to start thinking and planning if you happen to be around Europe during this next season. Who knows! You might find yourself enjoying hot wine and a delicious soft traditional TRDLO around one of Prague’s seasonal street markets. This is one of life’s little pleasures!
Have you experienced a czech christmas? How did you loved it? I’m sure you did.
Before scrolling down, remember to put your SENSES-mode ON! Get lost along the city’s corners:
- TASTE all street food possible, you won’t regret any of it. Budget and tasty all the way.
- SEE the main square from top of the clock tower at night. No words for that!
- FEEL the cold but warm happy times along chats with strangers and hot wine.
- SMELL the recently baked traditional pastries along the street markets all over town. A delicious must!
- LISTEN to a midnight mass on December 24th at any church in town…inimaginable live concerts will surprise your way. Look also for traditional music under the bridges and get lost into the sound of coziness right there, travel back in time.
Now you’re ready to go. Enjoy!
MERRY ALMOST CHRISTMAS 2012!
For further practical info on Prague during christmas time, check these links: